Monday, July 13, 2009

Teacher Transformations

In chapter seven of Critical Encounters Martha describes how she changes as a teacher over her career. It was interesting to me to hear her perspective as a new teacher. How she felt that she should just pour information into her students minds. As she began to see that lecturing was not the answer her role in the classroom changed. This chapter made me appreciate even more the education and training I receive at Alverno. Although I know as a new teacher I will have to constantly adapt and change my approach. I feel that I have an advantage of knowing that constant lecturing in not the answer and that something as simple as how I arrange the desks in my classroom can make all the difference. This chapter reinforced my idea of what type of teacher I want to be and things I want to avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment